Friday, May 29, 2009

Japanese Unit 8 Lesson 2

watashi wa uma ni notte imasu: I am riding a horse.
watashi wa moo uma ni notte imasen: I am no longer riding the horse.
watashi tachi wa jitensha ni notte imasu: We are riding bikes.
watashi tachi wa moo jitensha ni notte imasen: We are no longer riding bikes.

watashi tachi wa hashitte imasu: We are running.
watashi tachi wa moo hashitte imasen: We are no longer running.
watashi tachi wa uttate imasu: We are singing.
watashi tachi wa moo utatte imasen: We are no longer singing.

watashi tachi wa uttate imasu: We are singing.
watashi tachi wa moo utatte imasen: We are no longer singing.
watashi wa fuku o kiteiru tokoro desu: I am going to dress.
watashi wa moo fuku o kiteiru tokoro dewa o arimasen: I am no longer dressing.

watashi wa tabete imasu: I am eating.
watashi wa denwa de hanashite imasu: I am talking on the phone.
watashi wa denwa de hanashite mo inaishi, tabete mo inai onnanohito desu: I am a woman who is neither talking on the phone or eating.
watashi wa denwa de hanashite mo inaishi, tabete mo inai otokonohito desu: I am a man who is not talking on the phone or eating.

watashi wa utatte, piano o hiite imasu: I am singing and playing the piano.
watashi wa utatte mo inai shi, piano o hiite mo imasen: I am neither playing the piano or singing.
watashi tachi wa doramu o tataite, hohoende imasu: We are playing drums and smiling.
watashi tachi wa doramu o tataite mo inai shi, hohoende mo imasen: We are neither drumming or smiling.

watashi tachi wa dochiramo utatte imasu: We are both singing.
watashi tachi wa dochiramo utatte imasen: Neither of us are singing.
watashi tachi no uchi hitori dake ga utatte imasu: Only one of us is singing.
watashi tachi wa rokunin tomo utatte imasu: All six of us are singing.

watashi wa hodoo ni tatte imasu: I am standing on the curb.
watashi tachi wa moo hodoo ni tatte imasen: I am no longer standing on the curb.
watashi tachi wa kasa o motte imasu: We are holding umbrellas.
watashi tachi no uchi daremo tatte imasen: None of us are standing.

watashi tachi wa yonin tomo aruite imasu:
All four of us are walking.
watashi tachi yonin desu. watashi tachi no uchi daremo aruite imasen: There are four of us. Out of us, none are walking.
watashi tachi wa sannin tomo aruite imasu: All three of us are walking.
watashi tachi wa sannin desu. watashi tachi no uchi daremo aruite imasen: There are three of us. None of us are walking.

watashi tachi wa dochiramo utatte imasu: We are both singing.
watashi tachi wa kisu o shite imasu: We are kissing.
watashi tachi wa dochiramo kisu o shite inai shi, utatte mo imasen: Neither of us are kissing or singing.
boku wa tatte imasu. boku no tomodachi wa daremo tatte imasen: I am standing. None of my friends are standing.

otokonohito mo watashi mo kasa o motte imasu: The man and I are holding umbrellas.
watashi mo otokonohito mo kasa o motte imasen: Me and the man are not holding umbrellas.
musuko mo watashi mo booshi o kabutte imasu: My son and I are wearing hats.
musuko to watashi wa booshi o kabutte imasen: My son and I are not wearing hats.

No comments: