Sunday, February 8, 2009

Japanese Unit 4 Lesson 2

kuruma no doa wa aite imasu: The car door is open.
kuruma no doa wa shimatte imasu: The car door is closed.
kono onnanohito no me wa aite imasu: This woman's eyes are open.
kono onnanohito no me wa tojite imasu: This woman's eyes are closed.

me wa aite imasu: Open eyes.
me wa tojite imasu: Closed eyes.
kuchi wa aite imasu: Open mouth.
kuchi wa tojite imasu: Closed mouth.

otokonohito no me wa tojite imasu ga, kuchi wa aite imasu: The man's eyes are closed and his mouth is open.
otokonohito no me wa aite imasu ga, kuchi wa tojite imasu: The man's eyes are open and his mouth is closed.
onnanohito no kuchi to me wa aite imasu: The woman's mouth and eyes are open.
onnanohito no kuchi to me wa tojite imasu: The woman's mouth and eyes are closed.

ryoote wa musunde imasu: Both hands are closed.
ryoote wa hiraite imasu: Both hands are open.
katate wa hiraite ite, katate wa musunde arimasu: One hand is open, one hand is closed.
kuchi wa aite imasu: Open mouth.

yonhon no ude: Four arms.
takusan no ashi: A lot of legs.
yonhon no yubi: Four fingers.
gohon no ashi no yubi: Five toes.

ryoote wa awasete arimasu: Both hands together.
ryoote wa hanarete imasu: Both hands apart.
ryooashi wa soroete arimasu: Both legs together.
ryooashi wa hanarete imasu: Both legs apart.

otokonohito no ryooashi wa soroete arimasu: The man's legs are together.
otokonohito no ryooashi wa hanarete imasu: The man's legs are apart.
otokonoko no ryooashi wa soroete arimasu: The boy's legs are together.
otokonoko no ryooashi wa hanarete imasu: The boy's legs are apart.

ryoote to ryooashi wa hanarete imasu: Both hands and both legs apart.
ryoote to ryooashi wa soroete arimasu: Hands and legs together.
ryooashi wa hanarete imasu ga, ryoote wa awasete arimasu: Both legs apart, both hands together.
ryooashi wa soroete arimasu ga, ryoote wa hanarete imasu: Both legs together, both hands apart.

otokonohito to onnanohito wa issho ni imasu: The man and woman are together.
uma tachi wa issho ni imasu: The horses are together (beginning to think that issho = close?)
otokonohito to onnanohito wa hanarete imasu: The man and woman are apart.
uma tachi wa hanarete imasu: The horses are apart.

onnanohito no ryooude wa massugu desu: Both of the woman's arms are extended.
onnanohito no ryoodue wa magete arimasu: Both of the woman's arms are bent.
otokonohito no ryooashi wa magete arimasu: Both of the man's legs are bent.
otokonohito no ryooashi wa massugu desu: Both of the man's legs are extended.

I'm starting to pick up a bit more of the grammar as I go along... it's exciting me! And I haven't even studied up any particle grammar anywhere else. There's hope for you yet, Rosetta Stone...

But... oh yeah... I still can't write or read Japanese characters at all. Going to need to get a supplemental book. I don't think Rosetta Stone will work for me in that way.

No comments: